ETA 2892A2 runs great dial down, but not dial up.

5 hours ago, BobHadababyitsaboy said:

So would you recommend I just buy a new balance complete?

why not just replace the entire movement as that would solve the problem?

2 hours ago, Tudor said:

You need to dig. A new balance won’t help if the problem is in the pallet fork or it’s jewels/pinions

the problem with asking your question is we cannot hold the watch in our hand. If we had some pictures that might help a little. But you are our eyes you have to make diagnostics. We can make guesses like I'm guessing replacing the entire movement would solve the problem.

always best when replacing things to actually know that whatever your replacing is the problem. if the hairspring you should be able to look to see if it's an issue. We're just giving you ideas of where you should be looking. We can't make the diagnostics or tell you exactly what the replace. So you need to look at the hairspring and see if it's a problem. When you're new to watch repair hairsprings are really hard to tell if they're exactly where there supposed to be. Then ideally you would learn how to fix the hairspring because not all watches have balance completes.

so pictures would be helpful preferably located looking at the balance wheel. I don't suppose you have a timing machine?