Question regarding placement of spring for locking pin main spring barrel

I've been restoring a pocket watch that I found as a barn find. The dial bears the Berna brand and the movement has an M written on it and the number 179. Other indications of identity are lacking. While reassembling I ran into the problem of how the spring should be placed that presses on the pin that locks the mainspring barrel. (or, correctly, the wheel above the barrel, that is connected with the barrel through the square end of the arbor). I think the previous restorer did not correctly place back the parts here.

Can I ask you if you can identify this movement and/or indicate how this should be correctly put in place? Let me know if I can make additional pictures. Thanks!

restoring1.JPG

restoring2.jpg

original_placement1.jpg

original_placement2.jpg

• Like 1

I gather that ratchet wheel( the big wheel) turns clockwise to wind, in which case picture 3 shows the click spring's correct setting.

Winding wheel( smaller of the two large wheels) should turn anticlock as you go to wind through the crown, therefor ratchet wheel turns clockwise to wind.

Show the click's  bottom-side upclose, click pin might be broke.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies! I've tried applying the tips and it nearly works; I think the spring is just a little bit too short to keep the click thing in its right position. 

In the meantime, I've finished it as-is, see the result here:

IMG_8607.thumb.JPG.d6f12959628f850e06a7bb5215361c62.JPG

Things left to do: polish (or replace) the glass, check the spring for the click element, get case screw (one missing), and likely get a new hairspring (when 'wound', the balance doesn't rotate as much as it should..).

• Like 1