Regards from the Netherlands

iloveoxytocin

Hi all!

As it is stated you'd like to know a bit about new users, here's my story.

I like to learn about and tinker with with setups for making espresso and beer. Since corona, I took up an interest in repairing my own mechanical watches. After having completed the first and second part on WatchRepairLessons and completing the stripping down, cleaning, lubricating and re-assembly of a UT 6498/CHI3620M movement I'm now working on a barn find pocket watch. After re-assembling that pocket watch, I'm planning to mod my SKX031 and give it a good service. 

I really like the culture around repairing watches - I think it's quite different than only collecting them. Opening up a new watch, peeking inside, and knowing how all the parts work together is both satisfying and enchanting.

Wilkommen!  Here will you find a group of friendly people willing to share a wealth of knowledge and experience with timepieces!  

You have peaked my interest with mention of the pocket watch.  I prowl about at flea markets and estate sales to pick up non-running pocket watches, and I restore them to running condition, polish them up and, if I do not grow too fond of them, I will sell them later.  This, and my part time repair service, helps a little with the bills.  Please post pics of your own watches too.  And feel free to ask questions; there are many helpful people here.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2020 at 1:39 AM, Tudor said:

Welcome! Aren’t they fun?

Defenitely!

On 9/20/2020 at 2:24 AM, HectorLooi said:

Welcome. What a cute name you have. Are you medical? O&G? Or a new parent? :Laugh:

I've assisted in psychological research into OT quite a while ago, that's why the name.

On 9/20/2020 at 4:48 AM, KarlvonKoln said:

Wilkommen!  Here will you find a group of friendly people willing to share a wealth of knowledge and experience with timepieces!  

You have peaked my interest with mention of the pocket watch.  I prowl about at flea markets and estate sales to pick up non-running pocket watches, and I restore them to running condition, polish them up and, if I do not grow too fond of them, I will sell them later.  This, and my part time repair service, helps a little with the bills.  Please post pics of your own watches too.  And feel free to ask questions; there are many helpful people here.

Thanks! Yes, I think this is the right place for questions. Cool to hear you're browsing fleamarkets for pocket watches and restore them. Also nice to know that this may provide some kind of income... I'll post a picture of the finished watch  here

• 5 months later...