Rotary Movement Help ?

RedJim

Hi All, Just after a bit of advice on a new find this week. Its a Rotary 1971 from the hallmarks on the gold case. Been trying to identify the movement on Ranft and trying to find a similar example but I'm struggling. Its a non runner at the moment so I'll need to strip it down so it would be useful to know what the movement is and if there is any reference material i can use. I've attached some pics if anyone can help or point me in the righat direction. Many Thanks.

IMG_20200918_124300.jpg

IMG_20200918_134921.jpg

IMG_20200918_134950.jpg

IMG_20200918_150625.jpg

52 minutes ago, WatchMaker said:

I can tell from the distinctive auto-mind mechanism that this is an A.Schild (AS) movement.

Probably something from this family: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&AS_1983

Look under the balance wheel more closely and you should see an AS symbol. Can you also see a number?

53 minutes ago, WatchMaker said:

I can tell from the distinctive auto-mind mechanism that this is an A.Schild (AS) movement.

Probably something from this family: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&AS_1983

Look under the balance wheel more closely and you should see an AS symbol. Can you also see a number?

Where would I get replacement screws for the movement, there are three I spotted highlighted in the attached pic, Ratchet wheel and  two case screws. Noticed Cousins have a selection, do you think they would do the job? Or should I be ordering specific screws etc..

IMG_20200918_134921_2.thumb.jpg.5f4a2bf67c1b6069ce643f911f3f935a.jpg

20 minutes ago, RedJim said:

Where would I get replacement screws for the movement, there are three I spotted highlighted in the attached pic, Ratchet wheel and  two case screws. Noticed Cousins have a selection, do you think they would do the job? Or should I be ordering specific screws etc..

IMG_20200918_134921_2.thumb.jpg.5f4a2bf67c1b6069ce643f911f3f935a.jpg

I think I've located the missing Ratchet Wheel Screw in the movement stopping it working. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 10:08 PM, RedJim said:

Thanks, I need to look closer in future, thanks for your help.

Just to update the group, I retrieved the ratchet wheel screw and got it ticking. I can set the time but the winder stem is very stiff and I cant set the date which I belive is done by pulling the crown half out. I'll have to do a bit more work and remove and clean the stem etc. but thanks for the help so far.