Member Levels, Ranks & Promotions

Mark

In order to maintain a healthy and friendly community there are some restrictions for new members as well as benefits for those who contribute the most to this forum. It has occurred to me - or rather, been pointed out to me that I have never really made the details clear. And for that I apologise and I hope this post will be helpful.

All members will find their current forum status in the left pane of any content they post on the forum (non-mobile) or by clicking on their display name to view their profile.

MEMBER LEVELS

NEW MEMBERS (Zero to 9 Posts)

New members can post immediately and have access to most areas on the website.
New members cannot customise their signatures
New members cannot create polls but can participate and vote
New members can edit their own posts within 10 minutes of posting that content
New members can report posts to moderators
New members can start up to 2 private messages per day and to a maximum of 1 recipient per message - with a 50 message storage quota
New members are automatically promoted to full Members when they have posted more than 9 times and have gained reputation (*).

MEMBERS (10 to 99 Posts with positive reputation *)

Members can customise their signatures (**)
Members can create polls as well as participate and vote in other member polls
Members can edit their own posts within 3 Hours of posting that content
Members can start as many private messages per day as needed and to a maximum of 5 recipients per message - with a 150 message storage quota
Members are automatically promoted to Advanced Members when they have posted more than 99 times and gained 50 or more reputation points (*).

NEW: ADVANCED MEMBERS (100+  Posts With 50+ Reputation *)

Advanced Members can customise their signatures (***)
Advanced Members can edit their own posts within 3 Days of posting that content
Advanced Members can start as many private messages per day as needed and to a maximum of 5 recipients per message - with a 200 message storage quota
Patrons and Supporters gain the same privileges as Advanced Members

* Reputation is gained when you post content and other members react to that content - you can see your current reputation score within your info-pane, under your avatar.
** Members are allowed up to 1 link in their signature which MUST follow the forum rules and up to two lines of text. To keep the board clean we do not allow images in signatures.
*** Advanced Members are allowed up to 2 links in their signature which MUST follow the forum rules and up to four lines of text. To keep the board clean we do not allow images in signatures.

RANK TITLES

Ranks are just a bit of fun to acknowledge your level of participation on this forum. It is mostly based on your post count. Your forum rank is displayed in the Info Pane of any post you submit on the forum and your rank is displayed under your Display Name.

WATCH ENTHUSIAST - 50 Posted Content Items

WRT ADDICT - 100 Posted Content Items

SUPER WRT ADDICT - 500 Posted Content Items

After you have posted 500 content items you will be able to customise your own Rank Title to display under your Display Name

DISTINGUISHED MEMBER - 1000 Posted Content Items

If you have any questions regarding the above then please post your thoughts below and I will try my best to answer.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

• Mark changed the title to Member Levels, Ranks & Promotions
  • Mark locked this topic
  • Mark pinned and unlocked this topic