Seiko Barrel complete compatibility

Lacazema

Hello,

I'm looking for a barrel complete for a Seiko 7009A I've found the part number, I've found some available online but I've found a cheaper one for the 7S26A. Their parts number don't match but are awfully similar.

7009A : 201.024

7S26A : 0201.024

Would one be compatible in the other ? I've read that the 7s26 and 7009 are quite similar.

My barrel and arbor are fine but it's cheaper and easier to buy a balance complete then only the mainspring unless there are generic mainsprings available.

Thank you all for your help.

33 minutes ago, Lacazema said:

Their parts number don't match but are awfully similar.
7009A : 201.024
7S26A : 0201.024

That is the same P/N, only written differently.

Would one be compatible in the other ? I've read that the 7s26 and 7009 are quite similar.

Only the 7S26A and B would be the same. 7S26C is different.

My barrel and arbor are fine but it's cheaper and easier to buy a balance complete then only the mainspring unless there are generic mainsprings available.

There care but are relatively expensive and may not perform as the original.

• Like 1

You beautiful beautiful man ! Thank you for the detailed response.

I've found 2 used for 5€ which beats the NOS for 20€ since this is a watch I'm "working on" for practice and learning.

I'll use one on the watch for reassembly and I'll use the other to train on hand-fitting the mainspring back in the barrel since that how I absolutely murdered my original mainspring....:startle:

Thanks again, much appreciated

• Thanks 1