Service Manuals (Seeking Citizen Leopard manuals)

khang

Dear All,

I have purchased an old Citizen Leopard from Yahoo Auctions for a reasonable price. Of course you get what you pay for and it is a non-working watch. From the case to dial everything looks clean yet it is begging for a deep cleaning as I understand. Currently living in Japan and even a simple battery replacement is quite expensive, between ¥1000-¥1500 (roughly $10-15). Until now all the shops I consulted asked me at least ¥20.000 ($200) for servicing and not guaranteed, and even though they may fail, it will still cost me ¥3000-¥5000.

Long story short, it is really expensive to have your watched serviced here and takes a lot of time (fastest shop was1.5 months). So I decided to disassemble it by myself but cannot find any information about the movement. No service manuals. Also I searched the forum and couldn't find one either. Can someone kindly guide me to find one? I know Leopard series based on caliber 7230 but that's all I got. My watch has caliber 7203 (according to back cover). I don't have all the necessary tools but I count on my ignorance :). 

Closest thing to a guide I found is the attached file (source: https://vintagecitizenwatches.com/2015/01/17/citizen-leopard-28800-4-720032ta/ ).

Thank you all in advance.

citizen-leopard-calibre-7200-36000.jpg

it's amazing what you can find online if you just do a search. It also helps seven clue of what you're looking for. At the link below is a service guide for Citizen watches I would suggest downloading the entire thing. As far as an individual tech sheet for every single watch in existence they just do not exist for the most part.

https://www.thewatchsite.com/threads/1971-citizen-technical-information.171138/#post-1367386

• Like 1

Dear John, thank you so much for the link and help. You definitely are correct it is possible to find amazing stuff online though as a complete beginner like myself and lacking the keywords to search makes it quite difficult :). Once again, thank you so much for your time to help, sincerely appreciated.

I have listened to your precious advice and downloaded all the files on that page. Many thanks :bow:.