Pocket Watch, Issue winding and hour hand not moving when setting time

Rebecca

I recently bought a second-hand pocket watch and have come to learn the following:

1. The hour hand does not move when setting the time.

2. It doesnt wind up anymore, just spins in place without grabbing tension.

I’d really appreciate some advice on this as I much prefer using a pocket watch to tell time and lost my original one many years ago.

03C4DB84-8F4B-4039-A989-8008FF487539.jpeg

the back should pop off you probably need a knife be careful not to cut your fingers if you knew this. The reason we need the back off we need to see the movement that's inside so we can advise you as to how to proceed. Usually with the pop off back's somewhere along the back edge will be a place for you to insert the knife.

Thats what the inside looks like, already took out the plastic spacer piece.

the face of the watch is attached to this plastic shell/“movement(?)”

Not sure how to get it completely out of the casing as all internet instructions are for a different setup

A4D13BD3-6432-4B58-AB5A-43387C1A79A8.png

Update:

I’ve gotten the plastic shell open... the gears are all out of wack, theyre all plastic pieces and depend on eachother for balance.

I’ve got a limited tool set, not the RIGHT tools by any means, but tiny screwdrivers at least...

One of the gears wasn’t touched the others anymore.. but I think I made it worse and now none of them are touching (sigh)

but I think I now understand what its supposed to look like and how its supposed to work..

Ill update soon with another photo of the inside 

Ive come to that conclusion as well.. I searched the movement number and I get quartz wall clock movements.. but no pocket watch movements.

I’ve been able to get to the gear train and will have it apart again tonight for photos and more dedicated time to it

edit:

m2188 Is printed on the plastic casing. So I figured that was like a serial number for the movement

1 hour ago, jdm said:

Sure there are, just post a clear picture. 

Sorry I didn't see the pic above. That is the terrible Chinese thing, so cheap to use an alkaline button battery unlike regular quartz module. I have one like that in my box also It makes no sense to spend any time or money after, just get any other watch of your liking.