Eta 251.262

Hi all

recently purchased a Longines with a Eta 251.262 non working movement. After a quick look around I have managed to get the watch itself working but only the minute recorder on the chronograph works, I get nothing from 1/10 or second recorder. I know these movements are not that expensive to replace but I just wondered if any one has an idea of what’s wrong. Is it simply they are electronic and there is nothing to be done?  Thanks as always. 

Ok. I’m more familiar with Seiko chronograph circuits, but is it easy to check the condition of the switch terminals? On the Seikos there is a very fine layer of what is basically PCB track which forms the switch terminal and this can deteriorate. 

If you have the ability to, then obviously you could measure the voltage across the coil while it is active. 

It depends on the multimeter. You may still be able to detect the pulse in terms of voltage. What is more difficult is measuring current draw since it is in the microAmp range, but you don’t need to be concerned too much with current drawn yet. 

Maybe see if you can detect a voltage across the coil of the working sub-dial. Although it would be a pain having to wait a minute for every pulse. Unless you could switch it to zero-ing mode and set it flying around.