Yard sail lot

markr

The JLC memovox is iconic and highly sought after, I examine it to get an idea of the parts it may need, even a scrap movement for parts wouldn't come cheap.

You didn't show the LeCoultre's movement, that too is collectible, not that bulova 22 jeweler is not collectible and eye catching. Whats inside the Voumard? 

17 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

The JLC memovox is iconic and highly sought after, I examine it to get an idea of the parts it may need, even a scrap movement for parts wouldn't come cheap.

You didn't show the LeCoultre's movement, that too is collectible, not that bulova 22 jeweler is not collectible and eye catching. Whats inside the Voumard? 

I was able to find what case it belonged to but no back.

IMG_4096 (2).JPG

17 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

IMG_4093 (2).JPG

8 hours ago, Watchtime said:

nice catch....as Nucejoe said, the JLC's is very collectable, I would go for a repair

My plan is to send it to Watch Repairs USA unless one of you can DM me that you can do it or knows someone who can or a reason not to use Watch Repairs USA.  Anyone?

1 hour ago, markr said:

My plan is to send it to Watch Repairs USA unless one of you can DM me that you can do it or knows someone who can or a reason not to use Watch Repairs USA.  Anyone?

Thanks markr. The movement has an AS look to it.

As for the memovox, you can come up with an estimate of repair cost yourself, this will be useful in choosing the best course of action for repair. First lets find out what parts is your watch missing or needs, since price of part can quickly add up to a forbiding sum in which case you would be better off with a suitable  scrap movement, then what kinda work it needs, if its just a clean and lube and replacing a part or two, you really don't need a master reapirman and can get by with a reasonable figure for the labour. 

Just sending it in you might run a risk of a heart attack.

Edited by Nucejoe
meant the voumand has AS look.

18 hours ago, markr said:

this reminds me of trying to find a "silver pocket watch case repair man"   AND  which one to send it to and trust.  vin