jdm's giveaways

It's time for me to give back.. these are not expensive items but it takes time to picture and ship, give with the sincere hope of helping, Offer is for old and new members worldwide, I reserve the right to not send to opportunists.

Unless noted I will send one item per person

Small countersunk screws, polished, Ø available 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65.

s37257_group1_cmyk.jpg.4143f7b756110ec989de2296459328ca.jpg

Beginner's polishing compunds assortement. Includes one slice per type.

20200826_150440_copy_600x800.thumb.jpg.e060381a50a6c0ad8483f49e5c33a071.jpg

More items to come as time permits.

Edited by jdm
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, firebynight said:

Is the polishing compound for polishing cases or for crystals?

Dialux is for metals. You can see their recommended uses on Cousins UK or other sellers.

For glass crystals diamond paste is used. And generic car abrasive or polish paste for acrylic.

• Thanks 2

I just ended up with a watch I would actually want to attempt polishing, but can't justify you justifying the shipping to the US (I'm pretty sure I recall you being one of the many UK-based members). I appreciate the gesture though, and hope others will follow suit. Could be a really cool karma system in the making. We used to do this with car parts back in my air cooled VW club days. If I wasn't so green and completely lacking anything worth passing on, I'd certainly be one to put something up.

8 hours ago, spectre6000 said:

I just ended up with a watch I would actually want to attempt polishing, but can't justify you justifying the shipping to the US

I use Dialux just because it's cheap and comes in various types. I'm sure some equivalent is available in the US. Also, for totals below GBP 25 Cousins can ship post, which is very cheap.

8 hours ago, spectre6000 said:

(I'm pretty sure I recall you being one of the many UK-based members)

I'm not, but that doesn't make any difference.