Timex m25

My timex f1 (that i think have a m25 movement) have Teo problems, the first is that when the Watch start, It stops After a few seconda, and the seconds is that when i load the main spring after some rounds of crown the main spring snaps and returns without charge.

I've arleady clean all parts of the movement, but i don't know what parts is ruined and be changed.

Thanks.

that looks like a Sprite model.   the N44 is a factory number and has no bearing to this topic.  is there a date ring?  if so it would likely be a M25 no date ring than m24.  still a guess without seeing the dial.  aside from this, it sounds like the mainspring is the issue. But, that would have to be confirmed by more investigation.

If your intention is to repair the watch you will be in for an interesting journey.  Finding NOS replacement parts for vintage Timex is a challenge here in the US and I know it is even a greater challenge elsewhere. Best suggestion would be is to find a donor watch that has same movement and exchange them.    Good Luck with the journey!

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply,

there Is the data so i think Is a m25.

When i load the main spring the click seems ok, but the mainspring snaps, so i think that i try to change the mainspring and the barrel arbor, but the only way to have this parts Is buying another complete Watch.

If you know where to buy this piece tell me.

I've already disassembled and assembled this movement but Is very difficult.

Thank you again for the reply.

I leave you a photo to make you understand why I want to restore it.

15977741776254617663997766642964.jpg

• Like 1

I have seem the issue where the outer edge of the spring slips against the barrel.  It could be either the tails or the small dibble that catches the tail is worn.  Either way this not an easy fix since it requires a full tear down and rebuild.  So what to do about the required parts?  Buy a lot of 'fixer uppers' or 'spares repairs' as they say across the pond.  What happens as a result of this of course is now you will want to repair them all.  BTW:  The watch shown is a European model from what is commonly named the "Sports Series".  This is distinguished by the use of Meters rather than Feet printed on the dial.  Need a NOS mainspring and barrel?  I have them but shipping cost more than the part.   

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Finally i've repaired the movement and now the Watch runs, the problem was the mainspring that slipped against the barrel like as jerseymo said.

I've also found an old advertisement, but i'm not sure if the Watch of the advertisement and my Watch are the same, can you help me?

Pubblicita-Advertising-Werbung-1977-Orologio-Timex-Sub-Lsr.jpg