Cylindrical Escapement

Hi All

I have recently serviced a pendant watch with a cylindrical balance in it. The lower balance staff pivot is broken and I need to fit a new one. Is there any helpful detail on how to choose the right staff and replace it. I  have not seen one of these before so any help is most appreciated.

Thanks

Recently discussed below. Further to that, there is a chapter, which includes the measurements needed (better taken with a micrometer) for a replacement, in "Modern methods in horology", which being a 1904 book is free from copyright and can be downloaded from Internet.

Also, the my mentor Master is donating his rare stock of these to the community, meaning that anyone in the ned can receive one best matching completer cylinder for postage.

Hi all thank you for the detail. Didn't realise that the staff had removable tampons or the full make up of the balance till I saw the detail posted. I am going to enjoy fixing this one.

Nucejoe many thanks for the offer. If I have no luck getting the tampons I'll certainly take you up on your kind offer.

Cheers bud Steve