ETA 2824/36 tap size

The case screws are 1mm thread. Are you putting new threaded holes in different locations or have messed up thread and want to retap them?

Thanks a bunch to both of you! :-)

I’m working on a vintage movement with case screws that are pretty much obsolete or $50 per piece. Luckily, the movement has premade holes in the mainplate to use different mounting positions and I can tap the holes for more modern screws that are easy and affordable to source, hence why I decided to go for widely available ETA screws :-)

3 hours ago, hautehorloge said:

I’m working on a vintage movement with case screws that are pretty much obsolete or $50 per piece. 

There are assortments of these for a reasonable price. I have a feeling that the entire range of assortments is not made anymore so I'll be grabbing some for myself. 

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/case-screws-wristwatch-movement-to-case-assorted

• Like 1

In addition to the technical communications from eta they used to have available the manufacturing information sheets. These are interesting technical documents with more of the technical specifications. I rather like him because the timing specifications are given. If you scroll down far enough there is some movement size information casually on not seeing the screw size but it might be there. Then this is for the 2824-2 version versus the version you asked for which I don't have a manufacturing information sheet for.

ETA-2824-2-Manufacturing-Info-Fr-Gr-En.pdf

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

In addition to the technical communications from eta they used to have available the manufacturing information sheets. These are interesting technical documents with more of the technical specifications. I rather like him because the timing specifications are given. If you scroll down far enough there is some movement size information casually on not seeing the screw size but it might be there. Then this is for the 2824-2 version versus the version you asked for which I don't have a manufacturing information sheet for.

ETA-2824-2-Manufacturing-Info-Fr-Gr-En.pdf 4.87 MB · 2 downloads

Fantastic reference piece. Thank you!