Help with hamilton Khaki stem

Alanmc

Hi. Aftet many hours trying to fit a seagull st36 to a hamilton kahki case I think I'm done. First recieved movement and put all parts together with a pleasef smile on my face. Then the second hand stopped.... Aftet advice i took parts apart fiddled with second hand and rebuilt parts. This time the stem just doesn't engage properly and slips in and out easily. Movement is fine it seems but stem just doesn't want to play. It did when first assembled. So i am figuring i just want it working and want to send it off to someine far more experienced than I....any sugestions? 

Hi and welcome to the forum    If the stem is not engaging  it sounds like problems with the keyless work  like the setting lever or setting lever spring displaced or broken, so dial and hands off and check the positioning of bothe the afore mentioned parts. There is precious little tech information on these movements.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi and welcome to the forum    If the stem is not engaging  it sounds like problems with the keyless work  like the setting lever or setting lever spring displaced or broken, so dial and hands off and check the positioning of bothe the afore mentioned parts. There is precious little tech information on these movements.

I thought as much but was hoping it wasn't the case as I only worked on the movement for about 1hr. Didn't treat the stem harshly and took care re inserting the stem.