NH36 cap jewel

PeterS

@jdm Hi jdm, is there a short list of parts that are (or are not) compatible between the NH and 7S series? Also, what do you think of the reliability between the NH35 and the other major Japanese and Swiss movements. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, jdm said:

Best is to get the cheapest 7S26 "for parts" and take it from there,  that will give you more parts as well.

I take it the jewels are not readily available.
First time trying to install the shock springs, lost both jewels.
Not a good day.

Hi Peter  I have attached the Series 3X  tech guide and the NH36 tech sheet. The Tech guide has all the parts and the oiling plus assembly information   hope you find it useful.  jdms suggestion of sourcing bits from ebay may be the best course of action of see If you can lay you hands on a Bombay special from India or check out cousins uk.       cheers

Seiko NH36 (1).pdf Seiko NH3 Series.pdf

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PeterS said:

First time trying to install the shock springs, lost both jewels.

These are best left alone, lubricate from outside with a very fine pin applicator. 

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Peter  I have attached the Series 3X  tech guide and the NH36 tech sheet. The Tech guide has all the parts and the oiling plus assembly information   hope you find it useful.  jdms suggestion of sourcing bits from ebay may be the best course of action of see If you can lay you hands on a Bombay special from India or check out cousins uk.       cheers

Seiko NH36 (1).pdf 892.16 kB · 1 download Seiko NH3 Series.pdf 1.77 MB · 1 download

I've been using this sheet for oiling, it's the 13-2 and no. 13 is the barrel bridge. Looks like a scrap S726 will be my option as there is no part number so I can't search for it on Cousins website.