Timex 2 piece stem?

Question

3 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Thank you for your input. I hope to be able to have a look at this again at weekend and will report back as soon as I have an update. It should be easy to see what's happening if I wind the mainspring with a screwdriver while watching the timegrapher. I do strongy expect that there is not enough slippage due to lack of the correct grease or a rough barrel wall.
    • Ah, it works! I split the first piece of text into two (thought it was a single URL).    I see a pin pallet movement. Not sure immediately what it is, but may be worth looking up EB and BFG. 
    • For light duty, the Chinese made stainless steel models are ok. But they do not last for ever. Make sure you use a basket which suspends the mass from the base as this interferes with how the bath resonates. 
    • Ultrasonics are a bit of a no-no for earlier work, especially where brass has been work-hardened as it creates microscopic fractures which deteriorate when treated to ultrasonics. By “early”, I’m taking Victorian and earlier, and mainly plates.  However, they are still very useful for some parts - I used an Elma ultrasonic for cleaning some fusee cones and steel chains earlier. I used Horolene which is very powerful for the brass cones, and L&R watch cleaner for the chains as it is oil-based an so would not subject them to water where possible. 
    • Same again... I ”think” l’m doing it the same way as I have always done. Have you tried the links? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk