Timex 2 piece stem?

Question

3 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• To get an answer to your question it always helps to post it in the correct location. This is the location where you're supposed to introduce yourself. The reason you post in the proper category is some people typically only look at certain categories like watch repair usually for new messages they appear on the right-hand side somebody will see that and possibly find it interesting and go there. This is why a lot of watch repair questions are other questions go unanswered they're in the wrong section. Did you send it or take it to a authorized Swatch service center? The definition of they could not find a fault in other words it's running just fine and they're looking for imaginary problems and they couldn't find any? Or the watch is not running and they don't have a clue? Giving up the ghost doesn't sound like a good term? Maybe it would help to explain from the beginning? In other words why did you send it to Swatch what did they not do or do which I'm assuming is nothing. They giving up the ghost suggested finally died.   Omega_Omega 1332.pdf
    • Variants of AS1002 often have different bridge layout, but regul arm interchanges beteewn them, I am sure a used one can be found.  This odd shape of the end stone plate wouldn't change regul arms adaptability.  
    • H Joe, The movement is AS 1002.  Here's a photo from when I was stripping it down for cleaning: I have found balance cocks, some complete and some incomplete, advertised for 984 - 1002, but of course they do not match mine exactly.  The regulator arm on them perhaps will match....?  Mine is unusual looking: the part that holds the jewel down ("jewel cock"?) has a long thin arm with two screws:
    • It seems that in this watch the dial is a solar panel. The manual says that: <Removing method of solar cell> (1) Slide off the contact of each of the two solar cell connecting springs on the top of the solar cell outward. (2) Pull and lift up the solar cell in the 9-o’clock direction to remove it. I understand it as pulling out with scissors upper part of those copper connectors: I ordered some cheap tools from aliexpress. Will wait till they arrive to do the job: removing hands, pulling out the dial and re-installing everything hoping that it will sit more precise this time.  
    • That micro-pin is replacable.  Surely used regulator arm for this exist which is to be searched/ found, show the movement please.