Mr

greyke

Hi,

This is my first post, so please be gentle! I am completely new to this, but eventually took the plunge, bought an old beat up Camy and successfully managed to completely dismantle it! How proud I was.

Unfortunately in the process, I have lost a screw, and it appears that all screws are not the same! It was a screw holding in the clicker. I've searched high and low, and it is nowhere to be found!

I'm guessing they are not standard screws! Is there some way of finding out exactly what I need, or even somewhere I can get a mixed bag of watch screws and try them?

I really don't want to give up on my first project before I've even started!

Can anyone please help.

Thank you.

As @Nucejoe says the first thing to do is to identify the movement calibre. If you look at the main plate just underneath the balance wheel you may see some initials (possibly in a shield) and a number, which will tell us what it is. If they're not there then some really good clear close-up photos of the movement are needed.

Yes that ist the calibre i.d. FE 140 1C. The C is important in this case because according to Ranfft that indicates a change to the click. Anyway, there is a complete movement on eBay for 22 EUR plus postage. Looking at it, all the screw heads look similar, so maybe you can measure the size that way? I would be tempted to wait for the lost screw to turn up again. They usually do, sooner or later.

Hi all,

Firstly, can I apologise for posting this in the wrong section. Not only am I new to watchmaking, but also forums, and I'm still getting my head around how they work!

Secondly, thanks for all the suggestions, they are much appreciated. Plan A is to have another search for the elusive screw, armed with a magnet on a stick!

Now that I know what movement I have, is there anywhere I might find a schematic or diagram of how it goes back together?

Once again that you all for your help, it is much appreciated.

Regards

Keith