Identifying a pocket watch stem

Howdy all!

I need some help identifying this stem (I need a replacement).

All I know is that it's a Japanese movement. Any help would be appreciated. My digital calipers ran out of juice, but I'm pretty sure this is 0.9mm or 1mm in diameter. Sorry! The battery for the watch is a SR626SW or Energizer 377.

Thanks so much!

Stem.jpg

Stem_and_watch.jpg

23 minutes ago, Tooltip said:

I need some help identifying this stem (I need a replacement). All I know is that it's a Japanese movement.

That an SII PC10 quartz module with markings erased to conceal this secret information. Stem 354.030

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

You are amazing, thank you!

I want to remove the crown to make it fully round, and to ensure the clock runs the stem must be attached. So rather than cut the current stem I'd like to buy a new one and clip it so I have an intact one in case I need to adjust the clock.

Thank you again :)

Just now, Tooltip said:

Thanks MechanicMike. From what I can tell the PC10 and PC11 only differ on an internal component (built in choke coil on the PC11). The stem part is the same: 354-130 Tap 10.

Is that right?

was just typing to that effect. Tap 10 is correct. the two are identical.   you'll have to cut to length. 

• Like 1

btw-!!!check your stuff as soon as it arrives. keep your shipping box and packaging in case of a return is needed. I had a incorrect stem show up. it'll save you not much money but a little hassle if and when you do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tooltip said:

Quick follow up: is there a difference between a 354-030 (mentioned by JDM) and 354-130 (listed on PC10 and PC11s)? I haven't been able to find a -030. 

not sure on that one. a mistake by the supplier or possibly a typo ? look up tap 10 in their catalog to see if they were all the same? it was awhile ago and i'm fairly new at this also. 

3 minutes ago, MechanicMike said:

not sure on that one. a mistake by the supplier or possibly a typo ? look up tap 10 in their catalog to see if they were all the same? it was awhile ago and i'm fairly new at this also. 

7 minutes ago, Tooltip said:

Quick follow up: is there a difference between a 354-030 (mentioned by JDM) and 354-130 (listed on PC10 and PC11s)? I haven't been able to find a -030. 

if I recall, many if not most of the SII quartz movements are tap 10. 

28 minutes ago, Tooltip said:

Great, thank you. I'm still trying to parse all this lingo. Tap 10 refers to the diameter and 354-130 is their internal catalog reference for the particular shape of the tip? 

https://www.esslinger.com/genuine-seiko-replacement-watch-stems/#&gid=1&pid=image-1

10 hours ago, Tooltip said:

I want to remove the crown to make it fully round, and to ensure the clock runs the stem must be attached. So rather than cut the current stem I'd like to buy a new one and clip it so I have an intact one in case I need to adjust the clock.

To remove the crown apply some heath with soldering gun where it stem screws, grab stem with serrated pliers, and unscrew.

I don't know what means to make the crown fully round but it should be doable without removing the stem.

354-130 is the correct P/N.

Thanks for the followup. The crown came off easily. As for making "it" fully round, I meant the watch itself, not the crown. To do that I would need to clip the stem so it doesn't protrude. So I need a backup for later in case I want to adjust the watch.