watch FELL! HELP PLZ

Hello, my new seiko 6R35 divers watch fell 5 feet on to ceramic floor glass first. case and glass are in mint condition. impressive.

Watch is working right now. but seconds hand stopped after. and a couple times an hour or 2 after the first seconds hand stop. I had to hit the watch to get to to start up again.

what could be the issue. I slapped it on the time grapher beat was 0.6 and -42s/day while the day before it was basically 0 on both.  Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Perhaps the shock of the impact altered the hairspring in someway, causing it to be out of beat and not regulated. It would be difficult to say without opening it up. 

Possible the hands came loose. 

I'm sure much more experienced people can provide more information though. 

I'm curious, you have a time grapher, do you have the tools to take it apart and look at it?

yes i have tools. i just re-regulated it.  260amplitude after 20mins of sitting. and -5s/day now with 0.1ms beat error.

but right after i regulated it.... it stopped again. while i was putting the caseback on. 

hands are fine. i checked....

im wearing it and it seems to be working but im so nervous i check to see if it stopped ever 30seconds

50 minutes ago, smcchr00 said:

Perhaps the shock of the impact altered the hairspring in someway, causing it to be out of beat and not regulated. It would be difficult to say without opening it up. 

Possible the hands came loose. 

I'm sure much more experienced people can provide more information though. 

I'm curious, you have a time grapher, do you have the tools to take it apart and look at it?

Its been over 1 hour since i regulated the beat and rate and its stop after regulation. I hit it and it started up. now its been an hour and seems to be keeping good time.

how long should i wait to know if there is anything wrong with it.  STRESSSSSSSSING:pulling-hair-out:

@FALLINGTITAN Let it run for a couple of days. If it stops somewhere, make note of where it stops, and see if it's a recurring theme in the same area. If for some reason it just stop, it could be a certain position, or timing that causes something to foul the balance or one of the train wheels or something. 

I would wind it up manually to make sure it has enough power to run for a couple of days. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it keeps getting stuck/stopping you can investigate further.

Again, I'm far from an expert. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smcchr00 said:

@FALLINGTITAN Let it run for a couple of days. If it stops somewhere, make note of where it stops, and see if it's a recurring theme in the same area. If for some reason it just stop, it could be a certain position, or timing that causes something to foul the balance or one of the train wheels or something. 

I would wind it up manually to make sure it has enough power to run for a couple of days. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it keeps getting stuck/stopping you can investigate further.

Again, I'm far from an expert. 

Yes I plan to do that. I'm wearing it still. so far so good. last couple hours running well. I'll update this thread in 1 week of continous wear to be 100% sure its ok.