Chinese automatic oiler

5 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

Can I use any wire fine enough to go through the hole or it has to be the Incabloc tool?

The pin on my Chinese oiler is very big, something like 0.2 mm. Is that normal?

You can quite easily hone down one of your finest oilers to about 0.1 mm, like this, then check it will go through the oil sink to be able to reach the cap stoneimage.png.e438434e162865aee4503cf2a9e78de3.png

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2020 at 9:55 AM, HectorLooi said:

Has anyone tried out the automatic oilers from Alix? Are they useable? 

SG$ 51.72  35%OFF | Automatic Watch Lubricant Oiler Oil Pin Pen Precision Oiler Pen Pin Watch Clock Sewing Repair Tool Kit for Watchmaker
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8AIMfg

They certainly look good but I have the Bergeron oiler which is excellent however the needles are delicate and I damaged one the replacement was pricey. With the Chinese tools you just have to take a gamble.

7 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

Can I use any wire fine enough to go through the hole or it has to be the Incabloc tool?

The pin on my Chinese oiler is very big, something like 0.2 mm. Is that normal?

There are oilers made very much smaller than 0.2mm, for very small balance jewels I use this oiler.
I use an epilame on the cap and balance jewel, this makes it possible to apply a drop of for example
Moebius 9010 on the balance jewel and it stays in place, when you push down this small oiler through the jewel hole the capillary force between the balance jewel and cap jewel will suck the oil into the cavity between these two jewels.
I haven’t tried those Chinese automatic oilers (have the Bergeon ones) but can’t see why they wouldn’t work.

Personally, I am a bit old school and like dabbing on the oil with my manual oilers, after all I don’t service houndreds of watches a day 😉.

IMG_20210718_105620.thumb.jpg.209e234d750e386e5eca6988842af2a5.jpg

IMG_20210718_105555.thumb.jpg.f22f0f0c172cdb256d6ef4a45c06ba0d.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Well I have had a proper go with my Chinese Oiler and every time it works as advertised. I even started removing the jewel after oiling just to check and each time I found the correct amount of oil sitting in the middle of the jewel.

Well pleased with how it works and even more pleased at the £60 saved not buying it with Bergeon printed on the side.

I won't be getting the larger sizes though as it's easy enough to do the larger jewels with the standard oilers.

Perhaps I was just lucky, but knowing my luck I doubt that is the reason.

Paul

12 hours ago, Paul80 said:

Well pleased with how it works and even more pleased at the £60 saved not buying it with Bergeon printed on the side.

Great savings can be made when you ignore intellectual property and use slave labour. Go China!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Plato said:

Great savings can be made when you ignore intellectual property and use slave labour.

I think that if you were to learn on the matter a little more you will find that the first ones to exploit the lower cost of Chinese production has been (among all others in the Western world) the likes of Bergeon and the Swiss watch industry in general to increase margins on items already excessively priced. 

Secondly, there is no patent (or they have long expired) on the tools in subject or most othets, hence no IP infringement. 

And lastly, even if work conditions in China are surely much worse than in the Western world, it is not slave labor.

14 minutes ago, jdm said:

And lastly, even if work conditions in China are surely much worse than in the Western world, it is not slave labor.

Swiss tools are definitely overpriced and I do buy stuff made in China but I worry about the consequences:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-22278037

I've got nothing against the Chinese people just those in charge. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Plato said:

I've got nothing against the Chinese people just those in charge.

Neither do I, but I find Chinese culture difficult to understand and accept. No freedom, no democracy, and when executing criminals they do not only punish the criminal but the entire family, including the children, by showing them on TV shows and torturing the children by saying that their parent is evil and should now be killed. So, "say goodbye"! It's absolutely appalling. I feel really sad thinking about it...

Edited by VWatchie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jdm said:

Indeed, it is much worse! Instead of taking care of their "slaves" with food, clothing, housing and care, they receive a little money that is not enough to maintain a dignified life. And when the "slaves" are exhausted, there are thousands and thousands of new "slaves" waiting to get some money. In my opinion, slavery in the world is worse now than it has ever been. The only thing better now is that the slaves are free, but that is only on paper.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 11:17 AM, HSL said:

There are oilers made very much smaller than 0.2mm, for very small balance jewels I use this oiler.

I've got the same or a very similar one. It's excellent and convenient!

Edited by VWatchie
  • Like 1