Colditz

I have purchased a GUB09207211 hairspring from Cousins watch parts and I am not sure how to attached it to the anchor on the balance cock. Is there a tool I should use or is there a method that I can employ. Any help is appreciated Thanks.

IMG_7095[1].PNG

I presume the new HS is specific to the caliber. some HS are pinned to the stud, some glued and new models are laser welded. 

Looks like the old stud is still on stud carrier, you can tell by the looks of stud how it is to accomodates hairspring. If the new one already has a stud, remove the old one to insert the new. 

Are you equipped to show a close up of the old stud?

3 hours ago, Colditz said:

GUB09207211

I have a minor confusion I went to cousins looked up the number and it indicates it's a balance complete? normally when Billy get a hairspring separate so I'm assuming it's a balance complete but it would be nice if we could get a clarification? Then it would be helpful to have a picture of the balance assembly and how it's mounted to the bridge.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&GUB_09_20

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

Really sorry that I have not kept my promise of the pics of the balance assembly. I will try again tonight. I have been way laid as mum took a turn and at 93 YsO got us a little worried, so had postpone watch repairs. Back now though.