Sears (Japan 5005C -0111T) divers watch repair

I got this beautiful diver from Sears (Japan 5005C -0111T) , not much known about this movement. But problem dial screws are having rust and giving hard time removing them (grooves are intact though). Used WESTERN screw loosening fluid and broke my favorite Horotec screw driver bit, still dial screws are very much adamant!

3370a041-0755-436d-802f-f2acc111de31 (1).jfif b9422f03-be49-4383-89d1-14b6bc442fce.jfif c33ba52a-157b-4460-b600-091692bda066.jfif

That is an Hamazawa mov't, you can search the Internet to learn about it. You can release the stem lifting the lever above it. 

It is almost certainly beyond repair but good to learn on. If you measure it is possible that it can be replaced with something else, or search for a working donor watch . 

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, jdm said:

That is an Hamazawa mov't, you can search the Internet to learn about it. You can release the stem lifting the lever above it. 

It is with almost certaiy beyond repair but good to learn on. If you measure it is possible that it can be replaced with something else, or search for a working donor watch . 

thank you for the information , ya seems like it need lot or other parts as well , will see for donor movement. 

If you haven't before worked on watch movements I recommend that you start with one that works, and consider enrolling the course on watchrepairlessons.com 

Otherwise it will be much more difficult to learn expeditely. 

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1