Vintage Viscount Timex - Pre-1960s? Movement stops

Hello forum, this is my first time posting.

I found my great-grandfathers Timex maybe about a year ago, and to my dismay, it wound right up some 50 years later. From what I can tell, it looks to be a viscount model maybe pre-1960s? Possibly closest to a model 31 movement. My area of expertise is really limited to owning battery operated watches, so I'm hoping someone could help.

I was using my hand to hit a wrench for my car and I didn't even notice I had my watch on. The movement stopped and from then on it's been acting funky, basically just stopping randomly throughout the day, but then restarting. When I take off the case and manually wind the rotor with my fingers, it will continue to run for quite some time, but once I try to wind it with the crown and stem or maybe even shake the watch it may only last a few moments.

I hope someone may be able to help me diagnose some potential sources of this, since I would love to keep wearing my great-grandfathers watch. I've attached pictures toofront.thumb.jpg.e7e6ef03cc77714effb4c79e2612f4e4.jpgback.thumb.jpg.25e7a1e0a1f4e907e0c3bc8f06f3f798.jpgBackview.thumb.jpg.1835bb51da751c93786ced421eed8631.jpg

1957 Viscount with model 29 movement.  The likely cause of the issue is not the inadvertent shock but rather the fact that the watch has been sitting idle for perhaps decades. The oils and grease have long dried up and now it is metal on metal.  So, as most would say it may just need a service ( cleaning and lubrication of the movement). 

Here are some other things to check - to the hands touch?  do you notice the movement runs but the seconds hand does not move?  Try to manually turn the crown 10 - 15 times to see if it starts to tick.  Good luck with the watch.