Kaiser 1930s Clock Issues. Please help

ReeceJ

Hi Guys

New to clock repair do need help. As the photos show.  I have a 1930s Kaiser clock which has an issue unwinding the spring rapidly. It looks like there's an issue with the escapement. Can anyone offer advise regarding the escapement and if you can see any big issues or damage etc. Also advice on how it actually works etc. 

Thanks in advance.

cheers Reece

1B69B6FE-AF24-479E-ADA1-17DE88A956B9.png

AD7EB056-9BCD-4FFE-9613-7B071292A179.png

4828BBF3-94B9-4D45-A1AF-6F671526A11E.png

Welcome to the forum ReeceJ.
There seems to be a couple of faults on your clock . The first thing you could do is to look if there are any pins on your fork (pin lever) , when I look at the upper picture it looks like they broken off. Next you should fix that hairspring.
After you done a bit of clock repair you could say hi to the crowd which are eager to know a little about you here.
https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/forum/23-introduce-yourself-here/

Edited by HSL

Hi and welcome to the forum Reece.  Like the others I would say thet the pallet/fork pins are broken off and the balance spring is not flat.  How did the pallet pins get broken off.  If they just sheared then check out the wheels for damaged teeth and bent pivots while its dismantled.

13 minutes ago, ReeceJ said:

Great thanks for the awesome input guys. I'll look to get what's left of the existing pins out and from reading, may try fitting with modified sewing needles. Anyone here done this before?

cheers 

Have you looked into replacing the pins or the fork complete. Don't matrial houses supply new ones.