Kaiser 1930s Clock Issues. Please help

ReeceJ

Hi Guys

New to clock repair do need help. As the photos show.  I have a 1930s Kaiser clock which has an issue unwinding the spring rapidly. It looks like there's an issue with the escapement. Can anyone offer advise regarding the escapement and if you can see any big issues or damage etc. Also advice on how it actually works etc. 

Thanks in advance.

cheers Reece

1B69B6FE-AF24-479E-ADA1-17DE88A956B9.png

AD7EB056-9BCD-4FFE-9613-7B071292A179.png

4828BBF3-94B9-4D45-A1AF-6F671526A11E.png

Welcome to the forum ReeceJ.
There seems to be a couple of faults on your clock . The first thing you could do is to look if there are any pins on your fork (pin lever) , when I look at the upper picture it looks like they broken off. Next you should fix that hairspring.
After you done a bit of clock repair you could say hi to the crowd which are eager to know a little about you here.
https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/forum/23-introduce-yourself-here/

Edited by HSL

Hi and welcome to the forum Reece.  Like the others I would say thet the pallet/fork pins are broken off and the balance spring is not flat.  How did the pallet pins get broken off.  If they just sheared then check out the wheels for damaged teeth and bent pivots while its dismantled.

13 minutes ago, ReeceJ said:

Great thanks for the awesome input guys. I'll look to get what's left of the existing pins out and from reading, may try fitting with modified sewing needles. Anyone here done this before?

cheers 

Have you looked into replacing the pins or the fork complete. Don't matrial houses supply new ones. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• in general this shouldn't be any change. but in general questions like this it be nice to know the specifics of the watch in other words how was it performing before it was cased up and what is it doing now.
    • just as a reminder this watch is a Swatch group product. This will bring up a problem like spare parts and technical information. that I found some links to some information on when I talk about your watch and some of the technical and basically your watch is equivalent to 2834-2 for which I'm attaching the technical sheets. But equivalent does not mean exactly the same you want to do a search on the group for C07 as we discussed this watch before including the technical differences how it's supposed to be regulated and basically because it's watch group there is no parts availability. https://calibercorner.com/eta-caliber-c07-xxx/   https://www.chrono24.com/magazine/eta-movements-from-the-2824-2-to-the-powermatic-80-p_80840/ https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/h-10-movement-details.4636991/ eta CT_2834-2_FDE_481857_15.pdf
    • people be honest.... Swatch is evil for the watchmakers and repairers, BUT not everything in watches from Switzerland is from the Swatch-Group. As far as i know, Selitta got sacked by Swatch as a Movement-Assembler for them and they started to produce Movements in their own Name with slight Modifications. As far as i know, they sell Parts to the Market for their Movements. In most cases, if a ETA-Movement fails, it is a valid Option to replace it with a Selitta Movement, which i consider the Solution for this Mess with the Swatch-Group...... I have no Connection to anybody at Selitta, but being a Swiss-Guy, i still like to have Swiss-Made Watches, but not from the Swatch-Group.   ok ? regards, Ernst
    • Just one more greedy act by Swatch. They started a number of years ago here in the US..cutting off supplies to watchmakers that could build complications that many Swatch houses couldn't even touch. Old school masters who had gone through some of the most prestigious houses in the world. Otto Frei has some statements on their page about it. I tell all my customers to avoid new Swiss watches like the plague,..unless they just want an older one in their collection that still has some parts out on the market, or they have really deep pockets and don't mind waiting months and paying through the nose to get it back. Plenty of others to choose from..IE Seiko,..or other non-swiss brands Even a number of Chinese brands are catching up with the Swiss,..and I think that in time, their actions will be their downfall
    • Yes. If that's not what you are experiencing...start looking for something rubbing. A 1st guess is that one of the hands is rubbing against the hole in the center of the dial. Especially if you now have lower amplitude in face up/ face down positions.