Mercedes Benz - real or fake?

Sorry to delude, what you have at hand is not even a fake, but simply the product of some Chinese, they have no problem placing any writing which may tickle a buyer.
If you really want, you can buy a "genuine" plain quartz watch from the official Mercedes-Benz franchising store, starting at €125, for something probably worth €20.

5 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi I would say jdm is spot on .  I would like to see the movement,  If it were a genuine Mercedes watch they would be proud enough to put the name an the dial as most "branded" watches do.

Yes exactly what I thought - most of the Mercedes have the logo on the face.. 

Movement was visible in the Ebay pics - Miyota  IL40

I have informed the seller suggesting he remove the item from sale.

Sure. My point is, that it is impossible for us to know who the manufacturer of that watch was. Assuming it is genuine Mercedes merchandising, even the people working in that department of Mercedes would struggle to find out, if it's not a current product. Even if they can tell you, it will be a company you have never heard of. The watch is worth the same, whether it is a fake or not.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Klassiker said:

The watch is worth the same, whether it is a fake or not.

Exactly. However, not all merchandise stuff is created equal. There on the official stores they sell watches for less than €100, and others for more than 1,500. One would hope that the latter are not your Miyota cheapie, LoL.

Then different car makers take  different choices about leveraging their brand in the watch world. For example, Maserati lends their name to pretty modest quartz watches retailing from Euro 150, but Lamborghini partners with a maison de haute horlogerie and their piece is like  than 250K. 

The market offers a product for any wallet for anyone that enjoys owning a watch bearing a car name, but what about placing a watch name on a car?

• Like 1

I have an old lighter that says Marlboro on it. (but non-smoker) That kind of thing makes sense.  But a watch that says Mercedes Benz on it?  The only impressions I get are those of cheap vanity and promotional marketing.  When I'm in the mood to flash something, I'll just wear my Longines. But generally I like subtle statements. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KarlvonKoln said:

I have an old lighter that says Marlboro on it. (but non-smoker) That kind of thing makes sense.  But a watch that says Mercedes Benz on it?

Agree completely, which is why I think a discussion about whether it is a fake "Mercedes Benz" watch or not doesn't make any sense.

@OP: it's a used watch, not being sold as a new Mercedes product, right? Then don't make a fuss with the seller on Ebay, because it really doesn't matter. Mercedes couldn't care less. If you like the watch and the price is right, buy it. If not, ignore.

• Like 2

This one was advertised as RARE MERCEDES BENZ watch and Ebay can react negatively if anyone reports fake or copy merchandise. 

Seller has now removed the item and emailed with this message -

'Thank you for alerting me! I just removed that listing.'

I know he will lot it up in a bundle without the MB being mentioned and it will move along

9 hours ago, KarlvonKoln said:

I have an old lighter that says Marlboro on it. (but non-smoker) That kind of thing makes sense.  But a watch that says Mercedes Benz on it?  The only impressions I get are those of cheap vanity and promotional marketing.  When I'm in the mood to flash something, I'll just wear my Longines. But generally I like subtle statements. 

My idea with this one was to fix it and flip, but I dont want to be selling fakes having had a bad experience in the past with Dolce & Gabbana fake. 

• Like 1

Just before the Covid-19 pandemic struck, I won the bid for a watch lot that had a Breitling hiding in the pile. On closer inspection, the back cover said "Made in Switch internet".

I was really looking forward to opening it up to see the insides. But the package went AWOL in the midst of all the chaos. :(

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HectorLooi said:

Just before the Covid-19 pandemic struck, I won the bid for a watch lot that had a Breitling hiding in the pile. On closer inspection, the back cover said "Made in Switch internet".

I was really looking forward to opening it up to see the insides. But the package went AWOL in the midst of all the chaos. :(

Very annoying. Its always a mystery how/why these packages go mission. I always wonder where they are now. Someone somewhere has them.

I sent 2 vintage coins to USA -well packaged, and they never arrived. Always wonder if x-ray machines pick out recognisable shapes and someone decides they may be of value and steals them.

• Like 1