Avia watch requires battery clip

Hi folks can anyone help. Apologies if this has been asked before. 

I have an Avia Polar Star gents watch and recently went to have the battery replaced as the watch had stopped. The jeweller opened my watch in front of me and said that  the ' retaining clip '  for the battery was missing. Can you help me with info as to where I can get a replacement retaining clip from?

Many thanks,

Alan

I am more used to antiques, so if we wait a short bit, the veterans will stop by and offer up knowledge and suggestions.  But never fear.  I have numerous thicknesses of sheet brass and have made retaining clips before.  So if one cannot be had anywhere (which is unlikely) then it can be made.

Hi Alley A picture of the movement is always helpful in diagnosing problems even battery clips.  If you are in the UK then cousins uk  watch parts have assortments of clips and in the USA try Esslingers , Jules Borel, Timesavers  there are others have a look on the AW CI web site and the NAWCC web site for information.  And as a last resort as Karl said a bit of brass sheet  and one can be made,  good luck  

22 hours ago, Alley said:

I have an Avia Polar Star gents watch

Just a note in addition the excellent advice given above. The brand printed on a watch means nothing, a next time you want information about something that's inside it post a good clear picture with the back removed, that will show the quartz module used and will help others to help you better.