Zodiac "do not open" barrel

Hello, I just started in on my next project which is a zodiac aerospace gmt. When disassembling the movement (zodiac caliber 75) I saw that the barrel says "do no open" on it. Has anyone had any luck attempting to service one of these barrels? The mainspring definitely needs some work but I don't want to risk damaging anything without being able to source a part. Any help would be appreciated. 

Unfortunately I do not have the skill yet to create my own lid. I decided to clean everything up and to hope for the best with a 60 year old main spring. Surprisingly the amplitude is not terrible! For now I think I'll leave it be and try to look for a replacement.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• That would be something! Which brings me back to;  
    • you think you're going to sleep tonight you're not, you're going to ponder the question of what makes you think those of the right parts?  
    • Does anyone knows what size case a need for a dial diameter 20.60mm?
    • Sounds like the story with my Rolex. Poor (expensive) job done by an official Rolex dealer with an "in-house" watchmaker, hence I learned watchrepair and did the servicing myself. Same story as I learned with the Omega 861, again poor job by an "in-house" watchmaker by an official Omega dealer. Once your watch goes through that back-door, you have no idea what is going to happening to it 🫣   Quite nice that they sent back the parts which had been replaced !
    • yes that's definitely not right at all. I have a picture one of my friends has a Omega coaxial there was having issues to lose asking me where he should send it. As that's a specialty watch I suggested the service center. When he got it back he sent me a picture so the replace the dial as you can see the hands the mainspring barrel and I think the price was really quite decent considering all the stuff they can replace. So I do know they do change the barrels but the other person I worked at the service center when I would ask questions and unfortunately I can't remember all the answers. I think a lot of the changing a parts is at the discretion of the watchmaker. Plus I don't know enough about the chronographs and whether that would be considered a vintage watch? I take some of the vintage watches may have been sent directly to Switzerland or another service center. Obviously with a watch like the one down below they probably have a infinite supply of parts is its relatively modern vintage stuff becomes more interesting even the watch companies don't have necessarily infinite supply of parts. But no matter what the watch shouldn't disintegrated six months that's definitely an issue.