Crown for Poljot 2614.2h Stem

HI

I just bought some Plojot movements to learn with, but none of them have stems.

I have 2 x 2614.2h and 2 x 2616.2.

I've located places to buy stems but I can't figure out what type of crown it needs.

CousinsUK Wholesale have about 5 different types of crown.

Does anyone know what type of crown is used or how to identify the crown type needed for these movements?

1 hour ago, datman said:

I just bought some Plojot movements to learn with, but none of them have stems.

The crown depends on both the case type, and the stem thread pitch.  

The thread pitch will be quoted by the seller of the crowns, and as @Nucejoe stated the case determines which style of crown suits. For example the two Poljot 2614-2h based watches here -> https://17jewels.info/movements/p/poljot/poljot-2614-2h/ <- have different crowns, but the thread pitch on the stems will be the same, since the same stem is generally (but not invariably) used for all watches with the same mechanism.

Occasionally you will see different lengths of stem offered for the same mechanism. The stem is mechanism specific, the crown may fit many different types of watch, or may be specific to a few models.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 1

Crown depends on a few things.tap size or diameter  of threaded portion of stem. Also tube diameter  on case. You really  need to know  that, or your crown  may or may not work with your  intended  case.if you just want a crown  while the movement  is uncased any one will do.just  measure  the threaded  portion of the stem and order  any crown you like .or if you have an old cheap  quartz watch laying about you could unscrew the crown from it. Chances are about 50/50  it will screw on and work. 

Edited by yankeedog
Content
  • Like 1