I bought a 1973 bulova jetstar from a flea market today. It has a bulova 11BSACB movement. When the crown is pulled out, the day and day will not change and the time barely sets.  They do flip over when setting the time. Stem is barely making contact in the movement. It was running when I bought it, but now I can't get it to run. The balance swings but does not tick (The pallet fork is broken). I would like to get a replacement movement for it but I can't seem to find a suitable one. Is this movement compatible with another bulova caliber or another movement?

Thanks,

Seth

I fixed a friends watch and I bought a used fork plus MS for‌ $21, looked like new fork but seller who said it was used had half a pound of psrts to the caliber.

A new fork is far superior to old ones since pallet jewels are new on it.

Anyway if you happen to see outrageous prices out there, I'll be happy to do what I can.

• Like 1

Its quite a nice looking watch and at $3  and being a mechanical watch this might be your route into the Horological hobby as at $3 its worth having a look to see whats worng.  Then post if you want further help, of which there is plenty on this site.  Have go

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Its quite a nice looking watch and at $3  and being a mechanical watch this might be your route into the Horological hobby as at $3 its worth having a look to see whats worng.  Then post if you want further help, of which there is plenty on this site.  Have go

I'll check it out! Thanks for the advice!

I am not sure how to say this, AS 2066 used parts or watches might be sourced from India for less than the asking price of a scrap elsewhere, we are not sure if you need parts for it. 

Watchweasol is very right, lets find out why the dude doesn't run first.

• Like 1

It sounds like you have a problem within the keyless   work   to Investigate you will need to remove the hands and dial , The stem and get the movement out of the case. When you pull out the stem the setting lever will move position and be held with the setting lever spring this moves the crown  up and down the stem depending upon position selected.  the setting lever or setting lever spring are the most likely culprits  we shall probably need a picture or two of the front and back of the movement.

• Like 1