Sign in to follow this  
mtambo44

Michael

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Today I found out the MOERIS is a perfect counterweight on the arm when removing the balance from a dodgy AS970 balance staff. It is a UNITAS 6498 Pocket watch conversersion which will give you the perfect swagg when walking the stripp .
    • Wish I saw this post ten minutes ago, yep you guessed it, I’ve got a damaged main hand now, oh well live and learn as they say
    • Just to avoid making too many new topics with the same subject I will post these PDF:s in this old thread. Since flashplayer is obselete due to security lacks and not every one wants to activate it I have made some PDF:s with two of the most popular movements. This version uses a normal PDF format which you can print out and make notes in while servicing the movement, you can brows them offline while lapping sun. ETA 7750 Chronograph. ETA 7750 Service Notes.pdf  ETA 6497  SwissLab_6497 Service Notes.pdf
    • Thanks for the input Marc. The Bulova was the one that had me interested. As you sa,y at $4.75 each it would perhaps have been worth a gamble -  even to break and flip the unwanted ones to pay for the keepers.  
    • Here’s some shots of the movement, it’s all back together at the moment and running strong, only lost 3 mins in 12 hours so I’m happy with that, even with that canon pinion, which I shall find a replacement for. I had another post a while back asking for information on the “ climax trip action” a few that answered said it was to do with the case but I’m not sure.  If you look at the top plate there is a wheel mounted on a yoke by two screws, one screw is fixed the other allows the yoke to move by a few mm via an elongated screw hole. you will notice a silver spring bar screwed to the plate which in turn locates under the wheel in a groove, of which there are two, not dissimilar to a setting lever. Now all I can see is that the wheel provides an interface for the barrel and then to pass the power to the train, I have no idea why it should be allowed to move or why, I can only assume that this piece of the movement is the “climax trip action” as I have never seen it on another movement. IMG_7837.MOV