Hello

BrianR

Hi everyone

just a line to say hello. Semi Retired recently From the Coca-Cola Company. I was looking for an interest and after considering a number of options I found watch making. Watched some of Marks videos and was amazed how therapeutic just watching was, so decided to give it a go. So far have Played changing batteries, straps and replacement crystals whilst I looked through a few books. Decided to enrol on the course and look forward to working on some movements now. I love watches from my birth era, which is the 1960’s, don’t ask me why other than they somehow call to me. So i want to start collecting when I know enough to kick start that. Have bought some tools, some rubbish at first that’s for sure. It never ceases to amaze and surprise me when things arrive, just how small they are; recently bought a staking tool, I am sure only a Lilliputian could make use of. Based in Lancashire I am also a keen LFC fan, so very happy at the moment.  Any way nice to be here  

Welcome BrianR!

1 hour ago, BrianR said:

Decided to enrol on the course and look forward to working on some movements now.

IMO watchrepairlessons.com is one of the very best (and most affordable) ways to get started, but there are plenty of sources to learn from, WRT being one of them.

1 hour ago, BrianR said:

Watched some of Marks videos and was amazed how therapeutic just watching was, so decided to give it a go.

It is not what it seems to be, trust me, and you'll know the first night you can't fall asleep because that amplitude of your newly serviced watch just won't reach 270 degrees, no matter what you do ;) Good thing is that when you finally prevail you will feel like you own the world.

• Thanks 1