Help foe Hairspring issue

46 minutes ago, CaptCalvin said:

It was not my intention to butt heads with anyone or derail the topic. I don't frequent this board nor contribute (which I plan on rectifying soon) as much as some of you and I have nothing but the highest of respect for those that do, and I understand @jdm to be one of them. I hope there to not be any hard feelings nor any animosity going 

Gentelman indeed.

I do pull his legs occasionally, he just lets me get by with it.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 2fancy said:

I read all the suggestions. I am indeed not experienced and am a beginner. I dont have a microscope just yet and no staking tool. I have a 10x lens and HS tweezers fine ones. It is a 7009A movement as stated on the bridge.

one of the problems as a beginner when you're learning watch repair is just how extreme do you want to go? Can we get you to fix the hairspring definitely can we teach you how to cut wheels manufacturer a watch from scratch sure but you going to have to buy some tools do some practicing and the watchmaking aspect that's going to take several years but we can definitely do is. But is it really what you want to be doing right now?

unlike the newer Seiko where they're so cheap it's totally insane to replace the balance completes or even think about putting a balance staff it looks like the 7000 a can be disassembled. The separate balance staff is available which means it can be taken apart if somebody desires to. then if you do want to replace the balance complete its part number and cross references can be found at the link below

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=T_[EWFS

then even if you're going to do a balance complete you still have to do a few things for us and yourself. Typically hairsprings get bent at the stud followed by the regulator pins and then a whole bunch of other places that we just don't want to discuss. None of us exactly are seeing the picture of what we need other than I can see the hairspring appears to be round the coils all look fine we just can't see the outer terminal curve. This is where I'm guessing the problem in this. So one of the ways we can see that is to look at the picture above which makes it look really simple and pop the stud out remove the balance complete give us a decent picture straight down and we can see where the problem is. You should be able to fix they hairspring attached to the balance wheel or at least close enough. Then if you get reasonably close you can practice putting it back into the balance bridge because of you get a balance complete a not up on the practice of doing that you might just destroy your balance complete before you even get back in the watch. So we have a lot of educational opportunities here.

• Like 1

I was looking at the OP photos. Could it be that it's only the hairspring stud that's rotated?

Maybe it's just as simple as rotating it back and getting the hairspring back in the regulator.

Please take another look and advise.:)

• Like 1

Hello fam, sorry i am not able to update very often. Im living in an air bnb as my home is being renovated for a month so pardon my delays. I dont have most of my tools on me here just few basics. I will post requested pics as soon as im able to work on it and remove the HS.
My apologies for the delays

Ok so the balance was fine i mean as it was already. Below Are some close ups i tried. Then i tried to remove the HS. Turned one of the i believe studs and all of a sudden it just moves out of place and doesnt wanna go back to where it was. Theres another stud i think thats holding it and i tried to turn that but its not. I want to be sure if thats supposed to be turned too?

1a7290c1a27cf79d8047d86505b088ce.jpg
b165373c38ae75b57df0489d980874d2.jpg
1d4dc0956a230d1a59221acbe20bfdf4.jpg
807ca55ea7eb2fae044ee672a5224afb.jpg
a9c605e6b0f5acbaedbb0b11b3f82c35.jpg
e3ca0c591e692ffb25e897951c13b92e.jpg
d6051ce23a34730123c585efd309098e.jpg
db75781dc18e664e724acf88057bbfd2.jpg

Doesn't look to need removal to sort out, put the pin and hairspring back in place so hairspring wouldn't jump out, put balance and cock back on the mainplate. 

Someone who can edit on the picture will show where to push.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, smcchr00 said:

This same thing happened to me. I attempted to fix it and ended up breaking the spring off from the collette. Good luck!

If you master removal of hairspring from the wheel, you would gain more control over sorting it out and lessen mishaps.  Practice removal with a macaroni-ed  hairspring.

4 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

If you master removal of hairspring from the wheel, you would gain more control over sorting it out and lessen mishaps.  Practice removal with a macaroni-ed  hairspring.

Will do, thanks! I thought about destroying the hairspring to relieve some of my frustration, but thought better of it and figured it could be good for learning and practicing in other ways, and held onto it. 

1 minute ago, smcchr00 said:

Will do, thanks! I thought about destroying the hairspring to relieve some of my frustration, but thought better of it and figured it could be good for learning and practicing in other ways, and held onto it. 

When I get pi**ed off, I leave the piece and come back some other time. I find watchrepair a good therapy.