Help identifying watch and movement

Hello,

I recently aquired this piece in a watch lot and was wondering about what this is, and when this piece is from? I was thinking first that it might be from the first world war eraz but Im not sure. The movement seems to be missing a few parts in the keyless. What do you think it's worth?

Thank you.

20200722_213815.jpg

20200722_213759.jpg

20200722_213807.jpg

20200722_213810.jpg

20200722_213824.jpg

20200722_214112.jpg

Edited by Bopmd

It's looks to be an Elgin of some kind. But the number in their database does not match what you have. The scroll work on the balance cock is common on the watches from the 19 teens.

Edited by Nora
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 4:58 AM, Nora said:

It's looks to be an Elgin of some kind. But the number in their database does not match what you have. The scroll work on the balance cock is common on the watches from the 19 teens.

Thanks, I'll look into it once I'm home again.

10 hours ago, KarlvonKoln said:

WWI trench watch!  I think it's probably an Elgin movement too; an open-face pocket watch movement cased in a wrist watch "trench" case.  That is a very cool find!

Indeed! I'll definitely wear this once I've repaired it. I'm still trying to figure out where I could find the parts for the wheels on the dial side. Worst case I'll just make some myself.

Check on ETSY..various  suppliers to the steampunk trade   sell all kinds of old movements..with of course no guarantee.  But you might find what you need and rescue  a piece  of horological history  from being turned into a belly button  bauble. 

On 7/29/2020 at 7:43 PM, KarlvonKoln said:

an open-face pocket watch movement cased in a wrist watch "trench" case. 

That thought very much crossed my mind too.

On 7/29/2020 at 7:43 PM, KarlvonKoln said:

I think it's probably an Elgin movement too

I'm still  going with this,  but my hang up on that idea is that I can find no other examples with that style of click, click spring.