mystery LED/LCD watch

i know most of us are faithful to mechanical watches but now and then i come across a quartz LED/LCD that intrigues me and have such a one which was bundled in with a package of spare parts /cases etc i came across.not much to go on apart from a number inside 1256-701 and a case no 5956 neither of which reveal anything online!.anybody any idea? thanks B.

IMG_20200722_134849.jpg

IMG_20200722_134907.jpg

IMG_20200722_134917.jpg

IMG_20200722_134925.jpg

IMG_20200722_134931.jpg

IMG_20200722_134944.jpg

IMG_20200722_134955.jpg

IMG_20200722_135003.jpg

Well  its definitely LED and looks like an early one on a ceramic board also non sealed wire bonds.  Board looks to have a massive crack in it unfortunately. 

I have tried and failed to get these going in the past. some Trafalgar's that use National Semiconductor modules  you stand a chance as the board is stronger. 

The case on yours looks like a very generic 70s 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WatchMaker said:

Compuchron?

Check out picture of movement at the bottom of this page: http://www.crazywatches.pl/compuchron-hughes-aircraft-led-1976

I think you'll find a lot of the early LED modules look like that like same website different company similar look.

http://www.crazywatches.pl/timeband-fairchild-led-1975

then anything with open wires on the integrated circuits and the LEDs are very problematic it's extremely easy to damage the wiring. At one time somebody actually made a kit for re-bonding the wires if they fell off which occasionally they would do and that was a real pain to try to fix. Fortunately they got smart and started encapsulating everything one less problem out-of-the-way. but no matter what you're still caught with a problem the integrated circuit is like a black box. We don't have any way to access the inside and even if we did we have no way to fix it. The basically end up with a lot of early electric watches that don't work and there's no way unfortunately to fix. Which is sad expression a watch repair discussion group where we would like to fix them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnR725 said:

I think you'll find a lot of the early LED modules look like that like same website different company similar look.

That's rather dismissive of my amazing find John! ;)

Just for clarity where I was coming from was the very clear similarity between @berniethebolt 's picture and the one on the page I mentioned ... even down to the serial number placement and format.

image.png.246f9ef89aa8db17b3871fd33855e6c6.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WatchMaker said:

That's rather dismissive of my amazing find John! ;)

Just for clarity where I was coming from was the very clear similarity between @berniethebolt 's picture and the one on the page I mentioned ... even down to the serial number placement and format.

image.png.246f9ef89aa8db17b3871fd33855e6c6.png

thanks to all who answered.i was just curious but is obviously not salvageable so i will try to utilise the case at some point! B.

Well the abbreviations inside stand for 'North American Foreign Trading Corporation'..... a starting point for more research....

Something else that they were responsible for in the 1970's, HERE......