Can anyone offer their thoughts on this Bezel removing tool?

Titanium

When I was looking at bezel removing tools before I came across one made by Omega that had good reviews but it was over £1000 and you had to have a Swatch account to buy it so that was not happening. Recently I noticed the Bergeon 7152 had good reviews but a set with 6 bezel removers is £840.

I just stumbled across this Chinese bezel remover set which looks like both of them which is £130. I've studied the photos and it has got a lip for catching under the bezel. I'm normally wary of the Chinese tools but and at £130 I'm willing to give it a go. I'd just like a second opinion if anyone can offer their thoughts. The link to it is-

www.wish.com/product/watch-bezel-ring-with-elastic-rubber-watch-bezel-ring-remove-tool-5d84798e05053e0e5f20d178?hide_login_modal=true&share=web

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

• Like 1

You could try this one from esslinger https://www.esslinger.com/horotec-swiss-watch-hand-operated-rubber-bezel-remover/

or these on Aliexpress......a lot cheaper then yours

https://nl.aliexpress.com/bezel-remove-watch_reviews.html

But set the price against how many times you take off a bezel and what replacing a damaged bezel will cost if you remove it with a case knife..

Thanks for the reply. I've not heard good things about the type from Esslinger and I've been told the handle makes a big difference.

Apparently the Aliexpress tool is for fixed bezels as rotating bezels have more play in them and the tool can dig into the case before the Bezel comes off.

That's why I was so intrigued when I saw this tool because similar ones have good reviews.

Personally I would not get this tool unless demonstrated that it works. Check if there isn't another way to remove the bezel, for example current Seiko fixed bezel have a small lips that can be used to press on the inside. Or even better if you can do what you need to do without removing the bezel at all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.