Temp longcase clock storage help

Lhenri

Hi guys, I have a early 20th century Long case clock I want to just store for about a year in my spare bedroom (as I then will move overseas and will ship it with me, get it set up and serviced in a yrs time) The hatch has been removed and so has the weights and pendulum which I have boxed. Is it fine to just bubble wrap the main body and keep this in my spare bedroom, should it be covered in material? Also is it ok the fact that it’s not screwed to the wall. I’m worried it might start to tilt but hoping it doesn’t since I removed the weights and hatch. Any storage advice will be helpful. Thanks

Bubble wrap is fine, just make sure you don't bend the hands when wrapping the movement. The case is better standing on a floor that doesn't have carpet as it tends to give if you walk near that case,  but if its in your spare room, you aren't going in there very much. When you ship the whole thing you need a piece of wood the length of the pendulum and attach it, this will help the rod to stay as it is and not get bent, remove the suspension spring if you can and put it somewhere safe.