Great Ad On Ebay!

My exceptionally stupid husband bought it by phone bidding from Fellows&Sons auction. It came smaller than he thought and non-working. He paid £80 plus auction indemnity. 
Take it for scrap. Any price will do. As education does not come for free

:D Priceless

Excellent! They're actually very nice watches - and they do make a larger version - but nobody pays £80 for a dead one! That's about what you pay for a working one. The pointer hand has actually snapped from the main disc on the face of the watch. Here's mine for comparison...

post-64-0-70387700-1423907496_thumb.jpg

Edited by WillFly

It never ceases to amaze me some of the crap that is sold on eBay. Why some pay £50 for a non working French clock with the pendulum missing, cracked dial & rusted hands but somehow they get sold.

I have put on Ebay fully working ,serviced & re-gilded French clocks and got less.

Needless to say unless I can pick one up really cheap at my local auction house I don,t bother any more .

Edited by clockboy

Poor sod, I bet he'll be to scared to buy another watch as long as he lives! We've all made mistakes & £80 ain't going to break the bank, imagine if it had been £800 could you imagine the wording in the listing then!