Time To Wind Down.

Joeydwachmaker,

The big thing in the USA at the moment is southern moonshine. It commands extremely high prices and tastes like lighter fluid. A huge order for Tim Smith Moonshine was placed by a European distributor. Once the customers tasted it they cancelled the order. I wonder if it would work in an ultrasonic cleaner to clean watch parts.

david

• Like 2

Mark,

With all of the wonderful available English draft brew like Thigstons Old Pecular, why on earth are you drinking beer from a bottle?

david

Only 5 choices in my local 7/11 if memory serves. Chang, Leo, Heineken, San Miguel Light and Singha.

Certainly no British gourmet beers to be had here in Thailand :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only 5 choices in my local 7/11 if memory serves. Chang, Leo, Heineken, San Miguel Light and Singha.

Certainly no British gourmet beers to be had here in Thailand tongue.png
Where are you staying, in the sticks? [emoji15]
By Privy Council's order, any 7-11 must also carry Cheers (try the new riceberry) Carlsberg, Bud, Asahi as a very minimum. I've also seen Lao which is pretty good. For more imports go to Big C. In a pinch I recommend Singha over Chang, much less hangover from it.

Where are you staying, in the sticks? [emoji15]
By Privy Council's order, any 7-11 must also carry Cheers (try the new riceberry) Carlsberg, Bud, Asahi as a very minimum. I've also seen Lao which is pretty good. For more imports go to Big C. In a pinch I recommend Singha over Chang, much less hangover from it.

I mentioned 5 as far as I could remember - I don't have a forensic knowledge of every beer stocked. The point was that there is no English (or British for that matter) draft beers available in my local 7/11

I like Chang ;)
I prefer the taste over singha.

From my non-British taste position, that's actually a plus [emoji3]

Lol. I do miss that beer in my OP. Sold in Morrisons. They have a nice selection.

I most likely won't be in England until September so it's Chang until then. I do miss my Kronenberg :(

Great stuff guys.  Just been to my annual pilgrimage to our local CAMRA real ale beer-fest. You get a free pint glass so the cupboard is now getting near full (28 so far).   Link below gives list of all ales etc.  Never ever had a bad head the day after as no 'chemicals' in the real ale.  Now started doing some nice gins but not tempted to mix, hangover assured !!

http://www.bentnbongs.com/Home.asp

• Like 1

Hello, just read the post from Canthus, I am also a CAMRA member and look forward to April when I think the next festival is in Newcastle. However, I only get a free half pint glass at the festival !!! This is patently unfair.
Cheers
Vic

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
It looks like single malt Scotch wins the day.
david

Nice Rob! We can't get that brand here in the US but my "daily driver" is a Macallan 12 and it work up from there. Also in the US there is a boom of "micro distilleries" that produce some very nice bourbons

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/26/2017 at 8:44 AM, david said:

It looks like single malt Scotch wins the day.

that gets my vote, I always buy single malts, enjoying distinct and widely vary tastes......but as my Grandmother was fond of saying "there's no such thing as a bad Scotch"

• 5 months later...