Can't get the movement out - Zodiac Hermetic

Hi  That back looks to me as though it can be removed. look round the perimiter for an indent for inserting a case knife if none visible you may need a case crab like the one attached as some of these cases are tight.    can you post close ups of the case edges it may help.

case back tool.jpg

• Thanks 1

In most cases one would find the slot to open a snap back case approximately 180 degrees from the stem.
The reson for this is to avoid the winding crown and case lugs beeing in the way, if it been serviced the slot might have moved in position due to a lazy watch repairer.
Then there is these "tight" snapbacks like Tissot and other uses then a tool like shown above will work.

Slot.jpg.3cf72728c905473c3545cbd9e3ad91b8.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 12:06 PM, MrBeam said:

Any ideas?

In the thread below I posted about "Seiko style openers". That is what one wants in most cases.

On 7/11/2020 at 1:56 PM, watchweasol said:

you may need a case crab like the one attached as some of these cases are tight.   

I believe the tool  you posted is meant to be a bezel remover, with the flat side of the blates being on the case side once the watch is placed upside down. Otherwise two blade would be always in the way of the lugs or band. Some examples in the thread above.

• Like 1

Safety razors works for removing both the tight and not so tight snapbacks. if it turned out to be one of tight fit you would need a tool to press it back on, regulare types can be pressed on by just hand.

4 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Safety razors works for removing both the tight and not so tight snapbacks. 

You think so? Hope you'll never need to get off a really tight, contemporary Swiss "tight case back" using only a razor blade, as you would end with a broken blade, or worse.

7 minutes ago, jdm said:

You think so? Hope you'll never need to get off a really tight, contemporary Swiss "tight case back" using only a razor blade, as you would end with a broken blade, or worse.

I guess I am talented, never broke one. :P

4 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

I guess I am talented, never broke one. :P

I don't think so, a razor blade does not have the shear resistance to lift the many kilograms. It's made to cut, not to pry. Just make sure to wear anti cut gloves when experimenting that branch or metallurgy.