Hello from Idaho

Hi everyone, after watching many watch repair videos by Mark, I decided to join. I'm a retired US Army Soldier, having served 21-1/2 years. I enjoy spending time with my family, fishing, camping in our restored 1976 Monaco Class C motorhome and watching people make beautiful things out of once-ugly things on YouTube. I was married to my first wife, Sherri, for almost 10 years, before I lost her to metastatic breast cancer. The month before she passed away, she bought me my last birthday present, a Rolex Submariner....or so she thought. It turns out she was duped by an unscrupulous jeweler, for whom there is a special place in Hades. The movement is Swiss, according to a local watchmaker, but I still get sick to my stomach thinking that someone had the temerity to take advantage of a dying person. Even though it's not real, it's more valuable to me than the real McCoy and I cherish it every time I wear it. I also have a Vostok watch that my late aunt, a stewardess for Air France, brought back from the Soviet Union in the late 60's/early 70's. Here are pictures of both watches.

Frederic

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum Frederic,  The watch may not be the real but the sentiment was and that's the bit you remember when you wear it.  Truly sorry that some wassack would do that but there a people without morals.

Enjoy the forum and all it has to offer, which is comradeship from a lot of like minded people. The opinions may differ but they are always made with the best of intentions.  The watches are both nice, be proud of them.