Piaget Protocole hands misaligned

Hello All,

I have recently purchased a vintage (80s?) Piaget Protocole  mens' watch that needs some care.  The face is a little grubby from years without maintenance and the hands are misaligned.  Does anyone know how to access the hands?  From the back or does that crystal come off (rectangular bezel).  I am hesitant to take it to a Piaget authorized dealer for repair  as I know they will want to resell me the watch.

Thanks

PIT21206_1_enlarged.jpg

PIT21206_3_enlarged.jpg

Be super careful with that one. I'm guessing it's 18k gold, so any slippage of opening tools will leave their mark. And once you get in there, that dial looks special, so I wouldn't want to mar it using tools that don't afford the proper protection. Dang hands can be  tricky.

In the image the hands don't look terribly misaligned. In fact, it has them in the classic sales pose of 10:10. I'm guessing those are the sales images? That said, if you've seen them in their straight up hour positions,  you know if they are misaligned. Good luck.

29 minutes ago, MrRoundel said:

Be super careful with that one. I'm guessing it's 18k gold, so any slippage of opening tools will leave their mark. And once you get in there, that dial looks special, so I wouldn't want to mar it using tools that don't afford the proper protection. Dang hands can be  tricky.

In the image the hands don't look terribly misaligned. In fact, it has them in the classic sales pose of 10:10. I'm guessing those are the sales images? That said, if you've seen them in their straight up hour positions,  you know if they are misaligned. Good luck.

Really, Ought to be extra careful with that jewel. I remove the bracelet, a cavity might be made under the seam between the lugs to insert  knife into.

Edited by Nucejoe
cavity might have been made there just for this purpose.