Tag Heuer 1887 Carrera movement issues

Watch was working fine until I tried the Chronograph function. Everything works fine but the chronograph. It won’t reset back to 12. Just lingers around wherever it wants to go back to. Logic tells me it’s grease or broken/damaged spring or both. Found a bit if a rusty portion on the top pusher. Gonna have to try and take this boy apart.. any help will be greatly appreciated. 1d8bcfd22050e888d3ea4fb1f7bf3235.jpg

84ded10218001f904fb748256d64a1a2.jpg

9f12e811d1cc2066e1af2cb2297a821d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Wujutiger said:

Watch was working fine until I tried the Chronograph function. Everything works fine but the chronograph. It won’t reset back to 12. Just lingers around wherever it wants to go back to. Logic tells me it’s grease or broken/damaged spring or both. Found a bit if a rusty portion on the top pusher. Gonna have to try and take this boy apart.. any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Have you worked on any mechanical watch movement before? Do you have all the tools needed? Starting with a chrono is definitely not recommended for a beginner.

Also, for repair related question we have a dedicated section. This one really is for anything but watches.