Tissot 2481 - date jump issue

Hi

Can somebody spot why it's not shifting the date disc? First image showing when crown pushed in. The "hook"/eye just touch the triangle of the disc but doesn't have power enough to shift. 

20200708_160312.jpg

20200708_160517.jpg

Hi

Challenge solved. I made the "spring" stiffer and wider, the spring that reacts with the date jumper at 9 (the red dot on image). That gives more reaction and power when pushing crown in. 

20200708_195536.jpg

Edited by Khan
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Khan,

I've had the same problem on both the 2461 and 2481 movements, which use the same push-crown date quickset mechanisms. Scratched my head for a couple of weeks over it (I'm a newbie, but engineer by trade). 

So the setting lever and spring on the keyless works side operate the little date shift finger, what I found was both my setting lever AND spring were ever so slightly bent, this was then effectively reducing the travel on the finger.

I also found the opposite to you! Once I'd straightened everything it still wouldn't quite work so went back to the date jumper spring and reduced the tension a little, then made sure all the keyless side and date change side were properly lubricated. Works a treat now!

• Like 1