Seiko 7009A movement assembly

2fancy

Hello fam, so i deicded to practice disassemble and assemble the seiko 7009 i got from ebay it was somewhat rusted. I got it as non working.

I out it in my LnR master cleaner and alot of the rust was mainly out. However some marks are there i dont know if my cleaner isnt a good cleaner or this is normal.

Now to the main issue, i put the train wheels and as soon as i put the train bridge back either of the two happen; when i move the barrel for test the third and second wheel move freely but escape wheel dsnt engage at all. When i re assemble it again the escape wheel engages wheel with the second wheel but i think the third wheel isnt working. I try to move the barrel and its stuck, doesnt move freely nor do the wheels. Its been two days now im stuck here.

Kindly help me and guide me through it or what could be wrong?

Thanking a tons in advance.

Hey 2fancy, one thing I would suggest is to use an air puffer as you are placing the train wheels to make sure they are properly seated and freely moving in their bearings. This way before placing the bridge you can get an idea if something is out of place. 

If the barrel is stuck one possibility is it being upside down.

In case you don't have the service manual I found it on thewatchsite and attached here.

Also - I think this post might belong in the watch repair advice forum as opposed to the tools and equipment forum, but I am new here as well so I wouldn't say that definitively!

7009A.pdf

Edited by pubudeux

Hey 2fancy, one thing I would suggest is to use an air puffer as you are placing the train wheels to make sure they are properly seated and freely moving in their bearings. This way before placing the bridge you can get an idea if something is out of place. 
If the barrel is stuck one possibility is it being upside down.
In case you don't have the service manual I found it on thewatchsite and attached here.

Also - I think this post might belong in the watch repair advice forum as opposed to the tools and equipment forum, but I am new here as well so I wouldn't say that definitively!
7009A.pdf

Thats a good idea about the puffer. Thank you. Im just new to repairing so any tip is helpful. The barrel is sitting correct, wheels move free but as soon as i put the bridge either of the two mentioned above are happening.

Oops, my bad shall i post there then?

Maybe the mods could move the post? Probably better than a duplicate post. I'm sure one will chime in when they come across the post.

I'm very new as well, that was one suggestion I saw in a video that was helpful, and much more gentle on the parts. Another thing I've heard which I think applies in this regard is if something feels "off" or like it needs to be forced at all, something is probably wrong, not seated properly, etc and you should stop screwing and go back a step. With the level of precision movements are manufactured to, it should feel just right.

When you were assembling the train wheels did you do so in the order indicated on page 3 of the manual? Reverse order steps 49-35 - if you get the ratchet wheel screw on you should be able to give it a wind by turning the screw to the right.

There's few possible propositions:

1. Pivots are not in the holes.

2. You did not replace the bridge correctly. Try to use a pegwood to hold the bridge while screw it down and constantly check the wheels.

3. Either your bridge is bent or the jewel is not sitting at the right position, the result is too little end shake.

2 hours ago, 2fancy said:

Finally!! Done reassembly, feeling so good!

Very good. A next time please post in the "watch repair questions", which BTW is the only section where answers can be down / up voted, and you can mark the correct one.