New Member Sice Yesterday

RicardoG

Hello for all. I am a new member in this forum and let me introduce to you.

My name is Ricardo, I am a Braziliam guy that live in Portugal for about 26 years. I am an electronic engineer and have the watch repair as a hobby, and for this I think I am here more to learn than to help. This hobby start when I was 18 years old (I have 61). At that time I was unemployed in Brazil and due of this I start to learn of watch repair by my self and with a little help from a friend (just for curiosity). When I start a new job I left behind this hobby until recently when I became in this "enviroment" by repairing and refurbishing some Vibrograf machines. I'm not pretend to be a high class watch repair but just to learn and know how to do a good repair using the correct way and tools to. Don't forgeting that I am an electronic engineer, I love the mechanical watches and all of the world that turn around this subject. I suppose I will learn more form you that I can teach, but I will help anyone in anything that I know. 

I saw all of videos made by Mark and I want to congratulate him, they are perfect and clear, sad we don't have this kind of tutorial for all of the caliber machines. One more thing, forgive my English, I'm not perfect in this matter.

That's it, thanks for all and it is a pleasure join the club.

Regards for all

Ricardo

Hola, Ricardo. Su Inglés está muy bien y es tan bueno como mi español. Bienvenida y aprender junto a mí.

(Hello, Ricardo. Your English is fine and as good as my Spanish. Welcome and learn watches with me.)

I'm in the process of learning Latin Spanish so I thought I'd exercise it, however poor.

Welcome

Edited by Gotwatch

Hello Ricardo,

Welcome to the forum (and the over Sixties club). I look forward to your postings and pictures.

Don't worry about your written English as it is rather good and in fact, because of my North East of England dialect (known as Geordie in GB) sometimes people do not understand my spoken English and I was born and raised here .

The friends in here have helped, assisted and encouraged me for a while now when I "tinker" (attempt to fix or clean) watches etc.

I am certain that you will receive help when needed and we look forward to any information you can help us with from your experiences.

Coincidentally, I just made a purchase of some watch dials from Portugal that I am quite pleased with but I will post a picture elsewhere in case it takes over this thread.

Bem-vindo,

Vic