Assembling Omega Dynamic case

Hi All

I am having big troubles refitting the case of an Omega Dynamic watch with a 1012 movement. I think only who knows this watch can understand and help me.

I had to build custom case clamps, they must be very accurate and basically just make pressure on the walls of the spacing ring, which lays flat on the front loading case. Spacing ring walls are flat, no grooves for the clamps. I get just "vertical" grip, I mean, as much as I tight the screws I get no reasonable resistance to the rotation of the movement inside the watch. Is this correct? See pictures where you see the clamps attaching to the spacer ring...

The stem is a split stem type. After placing the movement in the case (no hands and no crystal fitted yet) I am not able to place the outer part of the split stem since when I fiddle with it, the watch rotates or moves enough to not allowing me to press the split stem in and engage it. Even if I eventually manage to do it, as soon as I operate the crown the movement again moves so the split stem releases away.

Questions

1. Is it correct that I cannot prevent the movement to rotate in the case unless I fit the crystal? It also features a plastic seal to be placed between the crystal and the dial to make pressure, if I am not wrong.

2. If so, How can I place the hands and test them, without being able to operate the crown?

I could not locate any video nor description online on assembling this very peculiar watch.

Thanks for any suggestion!
Ascanio

IMG_4684.thumb.jpg.0072920bf0a0c11ec7c7f8d83168eb10.jpgIMG_4683.thumb.jpg.bb3fb1e12767b20fc9f2eebdb9482dc9.jpg

Good afternoon Ascanio, the Omega calibr 1012 is base on the omega 1010. Maybe this can help you. There is a part 2 too.

And there is also this video with the split stem:

Edited by Gaus

Thank you Gaus, the videos are very clear.

Still my problem is more regarding the specific Omega Dynamic case.

Searching more I found some photo of the great site watchguy.co.uk with a similar watch:

https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/library?action=show_photos&wat_id=628

I got the inspiration that I can mount the hands before casing the movement.

Still I would like some kind of reassurance that I will be able to fix the outer stem once the movement will be kept in place (i.e. not rotating any more) by the crystal. 

I would hate having to pop open the glass from a front access case to start from scratch :(

Just now, Ascanio said:

Still I would like some kind of reassurance that I will be able to fix the outer stem once the movement will be kept in place (i.e. not rotating any more) by the crystal. 

You should you fit the stem dropping the movement from the above.