"Louis XIV" alarm pocket watch.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=8c41f123521b3122Not rare, nor exceptionally valuable, but of my several pocketwatches, it's one of the most useful and endearing.  The third hand sets the alarm. At work I might go to lunch at different times, there is no clock in the breakroom, and dealing with protected information we must lock up our cell phones before duty. Watches are how we tell time there. My alarm tells me when my break is over.

Technically assembled by Public Watch Co, with a Baumgartner 222 movement, it is surprisingly accurate for what it is (that, and I spent quite some time regulating it). I think it's around 50 mm +/-.  Value-wise, it's probably a step up from "Dollar watches", but I love it anyway; it's alarm has been a handy reminder quite often.

20200430_194841.jpg

20200430_195224.jpg

20200430_195315.jpg

• Thanks 1

I'd have to check, but I think it's a video that I've seen.  There are a few of these handy little watches out there.  Maybe I could post my own video here.  I'll have to film it in action!  That'd be a cool thing.

Edited by KarlvonKoln
Typo

So here is the requested video.  Isn't the alarm feature just the handiest doggone thing?   Sure, I could set an alarm in my smart phone, if it was required to lock it up, and if I didn't have to open the app, pull up the date, set the hour, then the minutes, then am or pm, then select a tone, then hit save (then look at the time on the screen and realize I now have to clock back in anyway).  Perhaps I exaggerate, and perhaps not, but this certainly seems way easier, even one-handed. 

I had to trim the video down a bit, but it still seems to show enough about how simple it is to work it.

Edited by KarlvonKoln
Weirdness ensued.