Need help finding part

Hi All

I'm still a beginner and just lost the clutch lever spring for a Bulova 11DP (AKA Citizen 241).  I can't find either movement at J Borel here in the US or at Cousins.  I would think that the part would be universal to a number of movements.  But I'm not having any luck.

Donor movements are dirt cheap but I want to learn how to look up the part from a supplier if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Charlie

Sometimes the only way to get parts is to get a donor movement. If dealing with older watches especially (and your movement dates from 60's/70's) then the simple fact is that suppliers don't have the parts lying on their shelves.

And when it comes to things as simple / generic as a spring you're even less likely to get a specific match.

But let's take your particular case. I would have first looked at the ever helpful ranfft and seeing the Bulova 11DP is based on the Citizen 0241 concentrated on family/generations. You'll know that typically movements in the same family share common parts.

Let's go with an 0201 and look at Citizen Movements Parts at CousinsUK. Ah-ha ... a match! And a setting lever spring (assume that's the part you're after) marked as obsolete. But at least we have a part number of 077.05. Look on ebay for 'citizen 077.05' and there's a match ... but given the expense for a little spring we're back round to those donor movements or see if you can use/adapt a spring from another movement.

• Thanks 1

You can buy caravelles all day long on ebay ! in both 17 and 7 jewel varieties. From what I have seen all parts interchange.My guess as to the lack of support is that most people wont spend to fix them.When looking over candidates for cannibalization keep an eye out for ones that don't have worn out crowns, my way of thinking is that a watch that had been wound less has been run less , and is less likely to be worn out.